KMT Enamel Disc Insignia Made In England?

Travd3

The emblem is made of enamel and copper and has England stamped on the reverse.  It measures approx. 1-1/8" diameter.  Was it part of a larger insignia or used on its own.  It appears someone drilled a hole at some point.  I have no info. at the moment.  

3.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Scarecrow

I could be wrong but I think this may be a cap insignia for the Chinese forces of the Reformed Provisional Kuomintang Government under the Japanese controlled puppet state. The Japanese appointed leader of this regime was Wang Jingwei. The forces only operated in areas in China controlled by the Japanese. Again I believe the insignia is represented by the Nationalist white sun surrounded by a red circle.  I would have no idea though why it is English made.

14 hours ago, Travd3 said:

The emblem is made of enamel and copper and has England stamped on the reverse.  It measures approx. 1-1/8" diameter.  Was it part of a larger insignia or used on its own.  It appears someone drilled a hole at some point.  I have no info. at the moment.  

3.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

This is just a suggestion in the absence of any other explanation. A pith helmet of conventional shape can be seen in newsreels of the time, and this was sometimes painted for camouflage and covered with netting. The British supplied their 'India pattern' pith helmet to X-Force during its training at Ramgarh which it bore the KMT badge on the front. As such I wonder if those helmets and, or, badges were made in England.

Gunner

Even going back to its use as a revolutionary symbol I believe it was specifically supposed to be blue sky, white sun. This sun is blue. 

Is there any evidence groups reversing the colors? 

Ive been reading and researching the info. you all have posted...trying not to get side tracked..love the history.   Still have not found an example of a blue sun white sky.  The red border seems to be consistent with the Reformed Provisional Kuomintang Government as stated by Scarecrow.  As to Mfg. ...along Gunners train of thought...the British were involved within the CBI theater.... it could be possible that someone had this made in England and shipped back.   I guess the main ? is still the color pattern.

Scarecrow

Travd3,

Here are a couple of photos of what I believe might be a Chinese soldier's cap from the aforementioned  Reformed Provisional Kuomintang Government forces.  Doesn't solve your white background - blue sun question but thought you might like to see it.

FullSizeR(12).jpg.02d3c7b3af1ef4ca2ae474dddc9b3a82.jpgFullSizeR(13).jpg.582f6ec1de34eae13de48f816192a41a.jpg

Thank you for the photos.  It looks like the sun had either black or dark blue coloring on the raised sun and rays?

Just thought to ask... what is the diameter of the emblem. 

Scarecrow
On 1/20/2024 at 8:45 AM, Travd3 said:

Thank you for the photos.  It looks like the sun had either black or dark blue coloring on the raised sun and rays?

Just thought to ask... what is the diameter of the emblem. 

The disc measures approximately 1 1/4" in diameter which is a pretty common size for this type of Chinese cap insignia.  The black or dark blue that you see is just where the white enamel has worn off.  Hope this helps.

Paul