Unknown SSI for Infanteria de Marina

Page-Hendryx

Page-Hendryx

This is on the left sleeve of a BDU coat.  Difficult to see, but it's an anchor with crossed canon and rifle.  The left pocket has an "Infanteria de Marina" patch over it.  I'm pretty sure the coat isn't US-made.

Clipboard_01-17-2024_01.jpg

4 hours ago, Page-Hendryx said:

This is on the left sleeve of a BDU coat.  Difficult to see, but it's an anchor with crossed canon and rifle.  The left pocket has an "Infanteria de Marina" patch over it.  I'm pretty sure the coat isn't US-made.

Clipboard_01-17-2024_01.jpg

Hi Page-Hendryx.

The only insignia I can find online is that of the Escuela de Chilean Infanteria de Marina. 

The crimson red field, characteristic of the Marine Corps, has the silhouette of an admiralty anchor in the centre, which at the height of the shaft, carries a rifle and a cannon, both in gold. The anchor symbolizes the naval condition of the Marine as an integral part of the Chilean Navy; The rifle, model M-1, represents the weapon with which the individual amphibious fighter was reborn from 1964 and the old-type cannon symbolizes the artillery always present in the IM Corps. since its creation. Both weapons represent the two main specialties taught at the IM Corps School: Infantry and Artillery.

The design on the canon on the patch is slightly different to the one attached but other than that it is very similar. I also see they wear, or have worn, BDU.

A strong contender!

Gunner

3E1D4A83-8966-4861-82DF-5F3B12FA422F_4_5005_c.jpeg

4146AA32-3D5F-423D-9100-ADECF8C88067.jpeg