UNKNOWN STICKPIN

Son of a gunner

Son of a gunner

Hello there,

I am uploading photos of a metal stickpin from my collection that is a mystery to me. The motto reads ' Unguibus et rostro' latin for talons and beak. The eagle is holding three bolts of lightning. Could it be some sort of air gunner/radio operator badge?  I  know the USAAF 18th Fighter wing from the 1930's used the motto but with the image of a cockerel not an eagle. Also the motto was used by the Italian 11th Tank battalion and the City of Valence in France. I am sure that various other military organisations used the motto but any further information would be much appreciated, especially the nationality of the item.

Many thanks 

Son of a Gunner.

20240219_123116.jpg

20240219_123027.jpg

20240219_123002.jpg

20240219_122952.jpg

2 hours ago, Son of a gunner said:

Hello there,

I am uploading photos of a metal stickpin from my collection that is a mystery to me. The motto reads ' Unguibus et rostro' latin for talons and beak. The eagle is holding three bolts of lightning. Could it be some sort of air gunner/radio operator badge?  I  know the USAAF 18th Fighter wing from the 1930's used the motto but with the image of a cockerel not an eagle. Also the motto was used by the Italian 11th Tank battalion and the City of Valence in France. I am sure that various other military organisations used the motto but any further information would be much appreciated, especially the nationality of the item.

Many thanks 

Son of a Gunner.

20240219_123116.jpg

20240219_123027.jpg

20240219_123002.jpg

20240219_122952.jpg

Hi Son of a gunner.

If you have no luck here and are on Facebook the following page can be messaged and is extremely helpful and knowledgable https://www.facebook.com/ww2wings/

Gunner

Son of a gunner

Many thanks Gunner. The link looks really useful!

Best regards

Son of a Gunner