ANZAC Uniforms on mannequins

ScottG

A couple of mannequin displays for the Western Front. A New Zealand officer and an Australian EM. The Aussie appears to have a British buttons though it is an Australian tunic with the large gusseted lower pockets.      Scott

20240228_165705.jpg

20240228_165709.jpg

20240228_165653.jpg

20240228_165700.jpg

Kia kaha

Great display Scott.

U.K. type button on an Aussie Tunic is OK as when the troops came off the front line they went to the field shower unit, handed in their Uniforms for clean ones and the old ones were sent to the laundry and repaired by the Tailors any missing buttons where then replaced. Many soldiers replaced their National buttons if they had them.

The New Zealand units had a colour patch on the back beneath the collar.

14 hours ago, Kia kaha said:

Great display Scott.

U.K. type button on an Aussie Tunic is OK as when the troops came off the front line they went to the field shower unit, handed in their Uniforms for clean ones and the old ones were sent to the laundry and repaired by the Tailors any missing buttons where then replaced. Many soldiers replaced their National buttons if they had them.

The New Zealand units had a colour patch on the back beneath the collar.

Thank you for that info as I had some doubts on the tunic. It appears to be an Aussie tunic with the gusseted lower pockets, but the U.K. buttons threw me off as did the single unit patch instead of one on each sleeve. That said, I chalked it up to being a Western Front uniform where like the U.S. they may have received replacement uniforms from the British. Never thought about the laundry.    Scott