Help with German inscription in Gen. Cruewell’s book

siege1863

siege1863

I acquired a book that personally belonged to German general Ludwig Cruewell.  It was acquired by him while held by the British at Trent Park.  Later in the war, he was transferred to American custody and sent to Prisoner of War Camp Clinton in Mississippi.  A special compound had been constructed there for the confinement of the German generals held by the US.

General Cruewell signed and dated the title page.  The inscription is under a slip of tissue paper with the address to which his personal belongings was being mailed upon his repatriation.  There are two handwritten words above the signature and date (March 1943) I cannot read or translate.  Any help appreciated.

—Mike

IMG_1400.jpeg

Proud Kraut

Hello Mike, is the overlay paper removable? Can you place a white sheet of paper behind the handwritten words?

siege1863

The tissue paper is glued to the page and cannot be removed.  In my posted photo, I used a flashlight to backlight the page and make the notation stand out.  Here is the part I am needing help with.

IMG_1398.jpeg

IMG_1399.jpeg

Proud Kraut

Referring to his signature he was mixing old and new German writing letters. My guess would be: "Von Werner" (from Werner) but I´m absolutely not sure about it.