Heavy Artillery - 60cm Moerser "Karl"

Proud Kraut

Proud Kraut

About 10 years ago I started to make this model. I can´t remember why but I didn´t finish it then. Clearing the attic I rediscovered this 1/35 scale Dragon model now. I think it´s high time to finalize this modeling project.

MK1.jpg

MK2.jpg

Gunner87
49 minutes ago, Proud Kraut said:

About 10 years ago I started to make this model. I can´t remember why but I didn´t finish it then. Clearing the attic I rediscovered this 1/35 scale Dragon model now. I think it´s high time to finalize this modeling project.

MK1.jpg

MK2.jpg

That's an awesome project, please post your progress. As an ex artillery guy these are of great interest and I attach my favourite image....

Gunner

C762B4EF-CEB1-4530-AA7F-ADF4AD0146FD.jpeg

Proud Kraut

Thanks for posting this picture, Gunner! I´m thinking about adding one of these Pz IV ammo carriers later.

Chassis completed. The figure in the background gives a good idea of the dimensions of this mortar.

MK3.jpg

6th.Mg.Bn.
11 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

Thanks for posting this picture, Gunner! I´m thinking about adding one of these Pz IV ammo carriers later.

Chassis completed. The figure in the background gives a good idea of the dimensions of this mortar.

MK3.jpg

Thats a beast.

Ken

Proud Kraut

Thanks guys! Things are progressing, two photos of the assembled Karl.

MK04.jpg

MK05.jpg

ArtyScout

WOW, Lars, that is a beast. I like the mortar shell & projectile that came with it. BTW, you did a fantastic job on the tracks.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Proud Kraut

Thanks!

Putty and sanding, base color with pre-shading and a first layer of dark yellow color.

MK 06.jpg

MK 07.jpg

MK 08.jpg

Proud Kraut

Regarding the tracks, I think I used too much red color when painting them the first time. So they received another wash with a mix of dark brown and dark grey acrylics.

Moerser Karl now with the 3 color camo coat.

MK 09.jpg

MK 10.jpg

MK 11.jpg

Proud Kraut

Thank you! Next step was a wash with "Citadel Agrax Earthshade". After it has dried I drybrushed the whole gun again with Tamiya XF-60 dark yellow.

MK 12.jpg

MK 13.jpg

MK 14.jpg

earlymb

Excellent work! I'm working now on a 1/35 Demag D7 that will have a similar paintjob.

Proud Kraut

Thanks very much for your kind words guys!

@ earlymb: A couple of very interesting Demag D7 variations do exist including vehicles with Pak, Flak, etc. Would be great to see your´s here as well!

And now guess what was in the mail today...

MK 15.jpg

MK 16.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
ArtyScout

Looking forward to this vehicle.

Semper Fi. 

Manny

Proud Kraut

Here it is, almost completed and waiting for the painting.

MK 17.jpg

Proud Kraut

I completed the ammo carrier today. I´m not too happy with the result for some reasons but I´ll let it as it is for now. Due to another project figures and maybe a base/dio will be added later. Some final pics, thanks for looking and your kind feedback!

MK 18.jpg

MK 19.jpg

MK 20.jpg

MK 21.jpg

MK 22.jpg

ArtyScout

Wow. Hey Lars, I see you're a perfectionist like me. I don't see anything wrong with the Pz IV, but I didn't build it. lol. The camouflage is great, and the weathering is spot on, but I can only guess you wanted to tone down the camo? What did you use for the cables? I like the way they look. All I can say is "I like it."

Semper Fi.

Manny

Proud Kraut

Thanks very much, Manny. You´re spot on. I do not complain about the Trumpeter kit. It is very detailed, has many PE parts and it was inexpensive. But when building the crane I reached my limits. There were only two small drawings of the cables in the manual, not enough for me. Finally I glued the cables on the plastic parts and couldn´t correct them anymore... To make a long story short, maybe I´ll give it a second try later.