1936 German Military Tank Design (Blueprints, Engineering Calculations, and Proposal)

Peter P.

Peter P.

Good Day

I recently acquired a package containing blueprints, engineering calculations and a formal proposal for a German Military Tank design. I have attached various photos and I am hoping someone might have an idea what this is and if it ever was made?

Thank You for you assistance.

DSC03290 Resized.jpg

DSC03291 Resized.jpg

DSC03292 Resized.jpg

DSC03293 Resized.jpg

DSC03294 Resized.jpg

DSC03296 Resized.jpg

DSC03297 Resized.jpg

DSC03299 Resized.jpg

DSC03300 Resized.jpg

DSC03301 Resized.jpg

DSC03302 Resized.jpg

DSC03303 Resized.jpg

DSC03304 Resized.jpg

DSC03306 Resized.jpg

DSC03308 Resized.jpg

DSC03310 Resized.jpg

Gunner87
7 hours ago, Peter P. said:

Good Day

I recently acquired a package containing blueprints, engineering calculations and a formal proposal for a German Military Tank design. I have attached various photos and I am hoping someone might have an idea what this is and if it ever was made?

Thank You for you assistance.

DSC03290 Resized.jpg

DSC03291 Resized.jpg

DSC03292 Resized.jpg

DSC03293 Resized.jpg

DSC03294 Resized.jpg

DSC03296 Resized.jpg

DSC03297 Resized.jpg

DSC03299 Resized.jpg

DSC03300 Resized.jpg

DSC03301 Resized.jpg

DSC03302 Resized.jpg

DSC03303 Resized.jpg

DSC03304 Resized.jpg

DSC03306 Resized.jpg

DSC03308 Resized.jpg

DSC03310 Resized.jpg

Hi Peter.

This is fascinating, thanks for sharing. Looking at the documents, and possibly pointing out the obvious, but these are plans for an electric powered four wheeled combat vehicle. I can find no trace of it ever being put into production despite what appears to be manufacturers details in image eleven.

I'll tag @Proud Kraut as he maybe able to spot something in the paperwork.

Gunner

Proud Kraut

Hello Peter and welcome to the WMF!

I can read most of it but I must admit I do not understand everything. Let´s start with the folder of the file. There´s a handwritten rank, name and unit on it. Gefr. (Private) W. Otter bach Kampfgeschwader "General Wever" Gotha, a German Air Force Wing No. 253 which was garrisoned in Gotha.

I don´t know if Privat O. was the author but it could be. We see drawings of a "Kampfwagen" (combat vehicle) which rather looks like a car or plane. I haven´t seen any weapons mentioned in the text.  The vehicle was called "Elektron 636 / 44". The introduction "Ziel und Zweck der Konstruktion" (Objective and purpose of this construction) reads so to say rather "strange". I mean it not reads like written by a scientist.

I have never heard of anything similar realized but that means nothing. I wonder if this was some kind of student research project or something similar.

Unfortunately my English isn´t good enough to translate most of it. Anyway a very interesting document. I will try to find out more.