Waffen-SS, Hauptmannscharfuhrer, Artillery Officer. 120mm/ 1:16 scale.

ArtyScout

ArtyScout

Hello everyone. So, I've been seeing a lot of figures in the bigger scales being done and I thought I'd venture there again, one more time. Honestly, the figure is really a kitbash of different body parts. The arms are from Verlinden, yet I've not decided if he's smoking or holding binoculars, the head is well detailed, but I'll need to repair the brim of his cap and like the upper and lower torsos, I really don't know who sculpted them. The boots I know are from Tamiya. So, wish me luck and if I can't repair his cap, I'll replace it with another head.

Semper Fi.

Manny

20240517_160116.jpg

20240517_160228.jpg

Proud Kraut

I haven´t build any figures in this scale yet, this one looks very detailed. I´m looking forward to follow your project. And I´m sure you can repair the cap, maybe with some putty?

ArtyScout

Well, I was successful with my repair. The parts have been primed and I'm ready to start my painting.

Semper Fi.

Manny

20240518_234153.jpg

ArtyScout

Well, I got some work done and I finally finished the head. It's been a while since I've done a figure, but I feel like it came out OK. I used Tamiya paints. Remember all comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Semper Fi.

Manny

20240524_000947.jpg

20240524_001004.jpg

20240524_001018.jpg

20240524_001104.jpg

Gear Fanatic

Looks like there’s a lot of texture on the face? To thick of paint? Bad lighting? Looks great though wish I could do figures that well!

ArtyScout

I see what you mean and it was the lack of enough Dull Cote on the lower half of the figure. I gave it another spray and it looks good. Thanks for the critique.

Semper Fi. 

Manny 

ArtyScout

Well, I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day, and although it was Memorial Day, I wanted to do some work on my figure. While checking out some research pics, I saw that artillery personnel wore red piping on their uniforms. (the panzers wore pink piping, etc.). So, I had to redo the piping on my figure's cap. I had given my figure's uniform a field grey overall color and I did the service belt and holster in Testors Leather (enamel).  I painted the shoulder boards, lapel insignias and Iron Cross and decorations and I decaled on the German Cross ribbon on his tunic, the German eagle and the 'Das Reich' arm insignias. BTW the boots have also been done. I still need to do some touch ups and tweaking, so it's definitely a WIP. I've decided in giving him camouflaged trousers. I believe the extra color will make him pop out more. Enjoy the WIP pictures. 

Semper Fi.

Manny

20240527_224412.jpg

20240527_225512.jpg

20240527_224008.jpg

20240527_235516.jpg

Gear Fanatic

Really nailed the head! The hat looks great, you going to do anymore shadowing on the leather, the uniform etc? Looks great can’t wait to see more

Proud Kraut

Skintone, uniform details and medals look amazing! Great work so far, Manny!

ArtyScout

Hello everyone! Well, another couple of WIP pics. I was going to do more but its graduation time of the year as my 2nd grandson graduated on Friday and my 1st graduates this coming Thursday. But enough of that. I went with the pea color camouflage. I feel it's not my best work but it did come out pretty good. What I still need to do is the shadowing, highlighting and weathering. All comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Semper Fi.

Manny

20240529_233436.jpg

20240529_233452.jpg

20240529_233503.jpg

Congrats to your grandsons... and you.

Some things are more important than others.  

Proud Kraut

The pea color camo looks excellent, well done, Manny.

ArtyScout

Hello everyone. I got in some good work and finished the figure. I'll be putting him on a small base, so there will be some grounding with it to be done. I like how it came out, especially since I haven't done a larger figure than 1:35 scale in quite a while. I hope you like it as much as I like putting this 'kitbashed' figure together. I will post more pictures once he's on his base. BTW, for my next project, I'm going to the Caribbean.

Semper Fi.

Manny

20240604_210601.jpg

20240604_210612.jpg

20240604_210646.jpg

20240604_215228.jpg

20240604_215422.jpg

20240604_221343.jpg

Looks good.  And a lot of work.

Proud Kraut

I have not built a 1/16 scale model so far and I´m still surprised by the level of detail of these figure. It really looks great, the painting is top-notch. Thanks for sharing another modeling project here, Manny!

• 2 weeks later...
ArtyScout

Hey, everyone. I added a small pedestal for this figure and it's OFFICIALLY finished. I took some pictures with background, just so it would look good. I'll put him in a small display case soon.

Now it's off to my next project. 

Semper Fi.

Manny

20240612_221318.jpg

20240612_221415.jpg

20240612_221624.jpg

Proud Kraut

Thanks for the final pics, Manny! Once again, the figure looks perfect, especially with pedestal and background now.