Some Kits

RRA227

I've always liked the PaK 40. Unfortunately its hard to find figures to go along with it besides the ones that Tamiya has provided. Those were not their best figures. The now out-of-business company of Warriors used to have two (2) kits that would comprise the 4 man gun crew. I believe Italeri has a PaK 40 but the crew are Fallschirmjagers. So I would have to do some kitbashing. If anyone knows who else makes good figures for this lethal anti-tank gun. Please let me know.

Semper Fi.

Manny

17 hours ago, ArtyScout said:

I've always liked the PaK 40. Unfortunately its hard to find figures to go along with it besides the ones that Tamiya has provided. Those were not their best figures. The now out-of-business company of Warriors used to have two (2) kits that would comprise the 4 man gun crew. I believe Italeri has a PaK 40 but the crew are Fallschirmjagers. So I would have to do some kitbashing. If anyone knows who else makes good figures for this lethal anti-tank gun. Please let me know.

Semper Fi.

Manny

What comes to mind is the Italeri Artillery crew but these figures are not much better. DRAGON has a couple of PAK kits with crews, 5 cm, 7,5 cm but I haven´t build one of them yet.

On 2/17/2021 at 2:58 PM, Proud Kraut said:

What comes to mind is the Italeri Artillery crew but these figures are not much better. DRAGON has a couple of PAK kits with crews, 5 cm, 7,5 cm but I haven´t build one of them yet.

Well I got lucky and found the two Warrior's kit figures. Now I guess I'll get the PaK 40.

Back in the 90s, I had a girlfriend who worked at a big hobby store. She would get me a model or two every time a new shipment came in. I ended up with all of the WWII German  Tamiya kits, a bunch or Dragon made kits and a few of the Italeri kits. Had doubles on some of the Tamiya kits, tanks, artillery, men, weapons, etc.  She had decided for me that I could build dioramas  to sell. She also supplied me with an air brush, brushes and every color of Tamiya paint there was. I had a kit for applying zimmerit to the tanks and so much more. I started out with Rommel from the Tamiya Generals kit. He took me forty hours to paint. I wanted it to look real. Used a one bristle brush  and a large magnifying glass to do the piping on the uniform,shoulder boards, collar tabs, pupils in eyes..... Yeah , I am a nut.  After finishing Rommel, I sat back and thought about all of the individual soldiers in each kit and then the kits with just soldiers. I figured there was not enough time left in my lifetime to do just the men much less all the artillery, tanks, vehicles , weapons, brick walls and sign posts. I sold off most of the kits to one guy around ten years ago. Held on to a few until last year. 

HPIM7288.JPG.72702310d7ee61814128b6ab5a1f104f.JPG

@Vortex, great story and some very nice kits. Does Rommel still exist? If so, could we see some pictures. I would love to see the result of so much work.

• 7 months later...