As promised some Iraqi uniforms and equipment from Desert Storm and OIF 1

ScottG

So, you think you have a republican guard beret? Maybe you do, but do you have a beret made for the republican guard? There is a difference. Here are four RG berets, two in maroon and two in black. 

The upper or left berets are made by Wassit in Iraq and were used by the RG. The lower or right berets were also made by Wassit but specifically for the RG and they are marked as such. So, the only way to know for sure, is get the proper one. Another point of interest is that the RG style only come in black or maroon.  Scott

DSCN0017.JPG

DSCN0018.JPG

Hello Scott.

I have one marked with the triangle. I had no idea they were connected to the Republican Guard.  Very interesting.

Many thanks.

Jim

11 hours ago, Jim McCauley said:

Hello Scott.

I have one marked with the triangle. I had no idea they were connected to the Republican Guard.  Very interesting.

Many thanks.

Jim

Glad my bloviating was helpful. Is yours maroon or black?   Scott

1 hour ago, Jim McCauley said:

Sorry for the picture quality.

730E88F6-D2A6-4C8E-A189-C06955AE7FB2.jpeg

297C63C6-112E-4A51-85B7-B8538BCD9F19.jpeg

30C3C908-EB94-4D7F-BC69-5B70C0D5048D.jpeg

F4701395-751D-42A9-BE9F-86C82F4B50F2.jpeg

Well, the last thing anyone should do is apologize to me for picture quality🤣 I am the worst!  Very nice berets and all wassits. That's a nice size 60 as well!  Scott

13 minutes ago, Skysoldier80 said:

That is some real nice stuff;  I brought back some stuff, but nothing like yours.

Thanks, please feel free to add it here if you wish.    Scott

I have shown this uniform here in the past. Here is an Iraqi produced lizard pattern very similar to the Portuguese patterns. It was made in Iraq and I got this set in Mosul in 2003 at the former air base and commando base. Also shown is a post 1991 web belt and buckle.    Scott

DSCN0173.JPG

DSCN0177.JPG

DSCN0176.JPG

An AK mag pouch, like Romanian in origin with some mags from Iraq as found, I had to remove the ammo and dump the oil from the oiler to send it home.  Scott

DSCN0178.JPG

DSCN0179.JPG

• 1 month later...
Cap Camouflage Pattern I
On 2/10/2022 at 4:31 PM, ScottG said:

An AK mag pouch, like Romanian in origin with some mags from Iraq as found, I had to remove the ammo and dump the oil from the oiler to send it home.  Scott

DSCN0178.JPG

DSCN0179.JPG

I could be mistaken as I'm still a novice when it comes to AKs, but I think the pouch is Hungarian 

On 3/25/2022 at 11:45 AM, Cap Camouflage Pattern I said:

I could be mistaken as I'm still a novice when it comes to AKs, but I think the pouch is Hungarian 

Could be, as I said above, "like Romanian" but certainly not 100% sure. Lots of old Warsaw Pact stuff and British and Pakistani stuff to be found in Iraq.