German uniform and location - help requested

Gunner87

Hi Guys.

I am trying to find to any information about the soldier in this photograph and the location it was taken. I can find no trace of what appears to be a memorial stone bearing an Iron Cross. 

On the rear of the picture is the date 1922.

Would any of our expert members with an interest in the Imperial German Army, Deutsches Heer, or Reichswehr, be able to offer an opinion?

Thank you very much in advance.

Gunner ...

@Proud Kraut

@patches

FFFEC42C-D212-45E7-A0B0-21AFE9C0E85E_4_5005_c.jpeg

20B8511F-73C3-483D-9FD9-EE36E9D6CB7A_4_5005_c.jpeg

C2807511-8D72-4E58-ABF1-FDBBAC2F0F23_4_5005_c.jpeg

I would say: "In Treue zu Kaiser und Reich" or "Treue für Kaiser und Reich". I´m searching the internet.

9 minutes ago, Proud Kraut said:

I would say: "In Treue zu Kaiser und Reich" or "Treue für Kaiser und Reich". I´m searching the internet.

Thank you, that is appreciated..

Just bumping this up incase any of our experts can give an opinion as to the soldiers rank or regiment. He wears puttees not boots should that help and we think he comes from the Hamburg area. 

I'm wondering if he could be an NCO in the infantry...

@Proud Kraut @patches

Hm, I do not see any insignia, rank insignia or ribbon. Tomorrow I can check my files of interwar Reichswehr uniforms. I didn´find anything online regarding the memorial stone yet.

27 minutes ago, Proud Kraut said:

Hm, I do not see any insignia, rank insignia or ribbon. Tomorrow I can check my files of interwar Reichswehr uniforms. I didn´find anything online regarding the memorial stone yet.

Thank you.

I have been advised that as he is wearing two cockades on his cap it is likely that is a Great War uniform. I'm no expert in that so would have to defer to others. 

Appreciate your help.

Gunner

50 minutes ago, Edelweisse said:

Member of the various FreiKorp units… 1920s…very little insignia 

Thank you Edelweisse. That would certainly tally with the date on the back of the card, 16/01/1922. 

Also, could that be Freikorps written on the bottom of the card.

regards

Gunner

482619EB-C653-4DC7-B770-F9DFAC7095F5.jpeg

@Proud Kraut @Edelweisse

Just as an update.

The hash 16122 the inventory number of (one of) the dealers who once sold the photo.

The name is Gressling, the address is Fesslerstraße 6 in Hamburg-Barmbek, then a typical worker´s quarter. There is only one Gressling (born in Berlin) listed as KIA in the loss-list in June 1918. so not the sender of the card. The card is from the son Gressling  to his parents. He mentions something about the photo on the obverse.

So it appears it maybe a Great War soldier after all.